So I really didn’t know what should today’s article be on, so I decided to put some general tips for improved riding, in general.
- Stay relaxed. Don’t tense up. It gives your horse a command to go forward.
- Don’t round your shoulders or hunch your back. Sit straight and tall. It will help in keeping your balance.
- Don’t dig your heels into the horse’s side. It only squeezes the horse to go faster.
- In spooky conditions, verbally comfort your horse. It does help, trust me.
- Many people tell you to force your heels down. DON’T do that. The correct way to keep your heels is more or less level.
- Look where you want to go when turning. If your horse is obedient, he/she will turn in that direction without you needing your reins.
Short post, I know 😦 also, sorry for late upload. You’ll get a proper post on Friday.